Well, here we are at the end of another year…
2017 was another great year for changes on Myddleton Road. Lots of new businesses moved in:
- No. 79 – Authentic Villa Holidays moved over from Alexandra Palace to be part of the Myddleton Road community
- No. 81 – Hot Milk Café opened inside Renaissance Music, bringing a new daytime café to the street
- No. 84 – ML Doors and Windows took over an empty unit for a new home improvement business
- No. 99 – after a long refurbishment of the old ‘George Moore’ building, Spark ’99 opened as a studio space for pilates, yoga and more
- No. 120A – Bohem Taproom launched as the first bar of local Czech craft beer makers Bohem Brewery
- No. 126-128 – Woodentots Nursery took over two empty units to provide a Montessori nursery to the local community.
And of course, we shouldn’t forget the lovely Leafy Bean Café, which has opened at the end of Myddleton Road inside Bowes Park station.
A big We Love Myddleton Road welcome to all the new arrivals!
The Myddleton Road Market went monthly this year, and included several special themed editions focusing on crafts, antiques and more besides.
It has also been a busy year for We Love Myddleton Road. We held two street festivals in summer and winter, bringing thousands of people to the street with an amazing selection of stalls, live music and entertainment for both adults and kids.
This website has been visited by over 3,000 people since launching at the start of this year to spread the word about Myddleton Road.
TWEET OF THE MONTH
Hollywood film director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Baby Driver) used to live on Myddleton Road, and still likes to recall his time here.
In fact, he gave shout outs to Myddleton Road multiple times during a recent live interview with Lauren Laverne on BBC Radio 6. So, here at We Love Myddleton Road, we just had to share some Twitter love:
The first Myddleton Road Market of 2018 takes place 11.00-16.00 on Sunday January 7th. You can check out the details here.
Happy New Year and here’s to a great 2018!
Daniel, Emma and James
Co-Chairs, We Love Myddleton Road