History of Myddleton Road
Myddleton Road is named after Sir Hugh Myddelton*, who lived in the 17th century and constructed the New River, which channels fresh water from Hertfordshire into the centre of London.
Independent traders have set up shop on Myddleton Road for well over 100 years, providing the beating-heart to the community in Bowes Park for generations.
This page shows images of the street from 1902 through to the 1970s.
* Yes, that's how Sir Hugh spelt his name. Somewhere in the midst of time the 'l' and 'e' swapped places.